Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 1: Beginning the conquest of Shikoku


This blog is meant to be a week by week sort of journal that I write about in my experiences playing against my brother in the Total War: Shogun 2 multiplayer campaign. As time goes on I will get better pictures and video of the battles I have against him. For a large part of the journal I will be writing it as if I were actually leading my armies in battle. We set up some rules of the game so we could have a more fun time playing. The first is that we cannot go to war against each other until one of our territories touches each other on land, another is auto-resolving battles that do not h ave to do with the two of us. So without further ado, here is week one.
I am leading the Chosokabe clan to victory in becoming the shogun of Japan.  I am playing against my brother who is leading the Shimazu clan on the other island south of Shikoku that is called Kyushu.  My plan is to conquer my island of Shikoku and then work my way onto the main island of Honshu getting as much trade allies as I can for the assault against my brother.  My Daimyo’s name is Chosokabe Kunichika and he has a son who is still not of age yet and a daughter named Chosokabe Nana.  He sent his only general and friend Kira Masayo to block the way into the castle town of Kochi.  
The hated Kono clan is at war with the Chosokabe and as soon as enough troops are recruited an attack is made on the Kono army.  The enemy army is led by Kono Michinao and his son and heir Kono Yoritaka.  There was battle and Yoritaka is killed and his father is routed with only a few men left at his side.  My general Kira Masayo pushes on to the castle and takes it with minimal losses.  He destroys the clan and the castle and its people are now a part of the Chosokabe.  My Daimyo is so impressed with this great general and the great victories that he has accomplished that he gives his daughter Nana to Kira and they are wedded, further cementing Kira’s loyalty and his friendship to Kunichika.  
With the spoils of war and greater riches the capital castle of Kochi is now has an extra ring around it, further fortifying it against attack.  Some time goes by and Kira produces a grandson named Chosokabe Sukechika, giving the Daimyo’s son of eight years a new nephew to play with.  Time passes and relations are uneasy with the Sogo clan to the north in the Sanuki Province, so Kunichika readies an army in secret to make a sneak attack on their small fort.  He enlists a friend of Kira’s named Emura Sadahiro and makes him the commissioner of supply in the new army that is made ready for war.  
After much preparation, 2400 men are sent into Sogo territory on a sneak attack on the fort, which turned out to be lightly defended with only 60 men.  Kira and Emura attack and do not lose a single man.  This is a great victory and now a fort is ours.  With this victory a great stone quarry was captured, further increasing our riches.  Not long after the fort was taken the enemy clan leader Sogo Nobumasa came upon the fort in a futile attack on the walls, all of his men were killed including himself.  While our clan, the Chosokabe only took minimal losses, all of which were able to be recovered within a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment